RRC Eastern Railway Recruitment: The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) of Eastern Railway has released a notification inviting applications for 3115 vacancies for the post of Act Apprentice. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for these apprenticeship opportunities through the online mode from 27th September 2022 onwards via the official website rrcer.com. Let’s take a look at the key details of this recruitment drive:
RRC Eastern Railway Recruitment Brief Description
|name Of The Post
|RRC Eastern Railway Recruitment
|Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) of Eastern Railway
|Last Date To Apply
|26th October 2023
|Type Of Job
A total of 3115 vacancies have been notified for Act Apprentices under seven different divisions and workshops of Eastern Railway. The post-wise and division-wise vacancy breakup is as follows:
- Howrah Division – 659 Posts
- Liluah Division – 612 Posts
- Sealdah Division – 440 Posts
- Kanchrapara Workshop – 187 Posts
- Malda Division – 138 Posts
- Asansol Division – 412 Posts
- Jamalpur Workshop – 667 Posts
To apply for RRC Eastern Railway Apprenticeship, a candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian citizen.
- Educational Qualification: 10th passed or equivalent from a recognized Board with minimum 50% marks.
- Trade Certificate: Candidates must possess National Trade Certificate in the relevant trade issued by NCVT/SCVT.
- Age Limit: Between 15 to 24 years as on 13th March 2020. Age relaxation for reserved categories as per rules.
The application process will be completely online through the official website www.rrcer.com. Here are the important steps to apply:
- Visit www.rrcer.com and click on ‘apply online’ link for Act Apprentice jobs.
- Register and generate login credentials by providing necessary details.
- Fill the online application form, upload documents and pay application fee of Rs. 100.
- Take a print out of the submitted application form for future reference.
All candidates except female, SC, ST, PwD, and EWS category candidates have to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 100 through online mode using Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking etc. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
The selection of candidates will be based on the merit list prepared taking the percentage of marks obtained in the essential qualification as mentioned in the notification. No written test or interview will be conducted.
- Publication of Notification – 12th September 2023
- Starting Date of Online Application – 27th September 2023
- Closing Date of Online Application – 26th October 2023
- Date of Publication of Provisional Select List – will be notified later
Q. Is there any age relaxation for reserved categories?
A. Yes, upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates. For PwD candidates, it is 10 years over the general age limit.
Q. How will the selection be done?
A. Selection will be purely on merit basis considering the percentage of marks in 10th class. No written test or interview will be conducted.